Our Sweet Daughter, Kinley Brianne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Hello Baby!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Where do I begin...

Yes, I am a slacker... We have been home for over 1 week and I have not posted any updates. Enjoy my attempt to catch up!

Europe
Sweden was great! I visited Sweden and enjoyed catching up with good friends, having some yummy food and just taking in all Stockholm has to offer. It was so nice to visit around the holidays, there was plenty of snow and decorations. It was a great trip! Thanks Debbie for joining me, it was so good to see you! Thanks to Ruth and Ida for coming out every night, I miss you guys so much!


Debbie, Ida & Ben @ Restarangen in Sweden
(Ruth, you managed to avoid pics!)


Brussels was fun! My trip to Brussels was the main purpose for this European get away. I was asked to be the godmother for my wonderful friends Elsa & Dimitri's son Ethan. I am so honored to have another godchild. (though I really should do my homework on spiritual guidance!) The baptism was held in a beautiful catholic church that Dimitri's family has been a member of for many years. The priest was so funny and down to earth, the ceremony was just beautiful. I also had the pleasure of meeting all of Dimitri's family and friends. Everyone was so kind and hospitable and boy do they like sweets! The baptism weekend was great. It was so good to spend time with Elsa and the boys (8 year old twins, Devin and Aaron, Ethan and Baby boy on the way). Next time Elsa and I make it out to Brussels we agreed that we would not be pregnant so that we can partake in the beer sampling! No pics here, I have to get some from Elsa.

A College in Brussels

Amsterdam was the location of Greg's man shower. Yep you read it right, man shower. I am not sure of the true definition of man shower but I do know that there were no diapers or storks or anything baby rated at this man shower... hmmm, after the baby is born I think mommy will be going for a Woman shower ;)
Greg spent the week in Amsterdam with his brother, Willie, cousin, Rob and friends Chris and Nick. They toured the city, checked out a ton museums and hung out and did 'guy' stuff. Greg had a blast! Thanks guys for taking my man on his last hurrah before the baby. Next time I see each of you I expect baby gifts ;)

Detroit
After the week in Europe, Greg and I met and flew to Detroit. Ari was kind enough to pick us up from the airport. It was great to be able to hang out and catch up for a few days. We spent Thanksgiving with Ari watching the Detroit Lions snag another loss. From there we met Dan, Amy and their 3 beautiful girls at Amy's family for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a great dinner chock full of food an family. I especially enjoyed all the kiddos, it reminded me of when I was growing up. Hopefully baby K will have a lot of cousins and family members to play with in the next few years!

Black Friday was fairly calm for us. We visited Cousin Karen and Mark and I finally got to meet Bessie and Otis (the fur babies). We were treated to lunch at the yummy Coney Island too! It was a nice and relaxing afternoon!
Greg's 20 year high school reunion was over Thanksgiving weekend. It was a great opportunity to catch up with tons of people. Believe it or not, my man is quite the social butterfly of Detroit. We started off Friday evening with a mixer at one of the local bars. Then Saturday was the reunion. It was great to catch up with everyone, some of which we had not seen since our wedding. I love that Greg and all his buddies are so close after all these years. You get them together and it's like high school all over again! It helps that they are all married to or dating pretty fantastic women too!

We winded down the weekend hanging out with Dan, Amy and the girls. Thanks guys for putting us up! We did not fit in all of the visits we would have liked but I'm sure we will be back in Detroit soon!

Ted, Dan, Joe Sourab & Greg



Greg & I



Me, Amy & Dayna


So Baby K enjoyed all of her travels and for now, we are all happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment