Our Sweet Daughter, Kinley Brianne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Hello Baby!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby shower this weekend!!

Yay! Tomorrow is baby K's baby shower! We are headed down to Houston in the morning to hang out with friends and family and talk baby! I am especially looking forward to the cake...Mmmm

We have been working on the nursery the past few weeks. Not as much progress as I would prefer but we are getting there. I hung the paper lanterns ordered from http://www.paperlanterstore.com/ - over the crib and picked up the crib bumper, whatcha think?












Greg is still working on painting the nursery furniture. Let's just say we will not be 'refinishing' our own furniture in the future. He has lost interest in the project and is feeling a bit frustrated. I am sure it will be done in the next 2 weeks but it definitely proved to be a lot more labor intensive than he anticipated.


In other news, I have begun building up our cloth diaper stash. We have some great neutral cloth dipes that I have found online for great prices. I've also picked up some super cute clothes for baby K to wear next winter. To fix the problem of not knowing the gender I bought boy and girl clothes :) So now I will not only have great winter clothes at great prices, I will also have Christmas and birthday gifts for all the babies born int he past few months... I'd say that's smart shopping (though Greg may disagree!)

We had our 33 week appointment yesterday. All is well, baby K is head down and growing rapidly! (s)he weighs about 4.5-5 lbs now, amazing! I can feel her butt at the top of my stomach and if I press on it s/he will kick me in the sides. It is pretty funny! Another funny thing is watching my stomach bounce around. It looks like there is a war going on in there!

Greg and I also visited our wedding photographer, Dustin Meyer *, yesterday. He was gracious enough to give us a WONDERFUL deal on maternity and newborn pics. I'll get everyone the link to view the photos as soon as I get it. We experimented with some ideas I found online, I am looking forward to seeing them! I am even more excited about the newborn pics Dustin will be taking. He has agreed to come out 3-4 days after baby K arrives and get all the tiny sweet newborn pics... I can't wait!

*- If you checkout Dustin's website you'll notice a few familiar wedding pics!!

I'll leave you with a pic of Kadey hanging out in the nursery... Shower pics to come next week!












Love y'all!
Kristi, Greg, Baby K & Kadey

No comments:

Post a Comment