6 months ago I sat staring at our miracle. My heart was overflowing with love, joy, fear, feelings that I never knew could be so strong.
Kinley was born at 10:10 am on Sunday March 15 after 9.5 hours of intense labor. I still remember it like it was yesterday. My water broke at 12:37 am March 15 at home, I labored at home until 3:00 am. When we arrived at the birthing center I was 5 1/2 centimeters and contractions were coming every 90 seconds. We soon found out that baby K was sunny side up which created some painful back labor. I continued laboring and doing push and stretch exercises in an effort to turn baby K. Greg, Jackie and my midwife were wonderful support. I could have NEVER delivered Kinley without Greg, he held me up (literally!), encouraged me, let me cry, overall he was my rock. Just when I thought I could not go on I was at 10 cm. At 8:36 am baby K had turned and I was fully dilated and ready to push. Baby K arrived at 10:10 am, weighing in at 6lbs even. We had no idea whether we had a baby boy or girl, I kept asking through the tears and no one replied. Finally I took matters in my own hands and found out myself :)~ I began yelling, It's a girl, I have a baby girl, I have a daughter!!! -- Most amazing moment ever-- I had heard about the wave of emotion but was in no way prepared for the feeling. I was a mommy. I had a beautiful daughter.
Now, 6 months later I am overcome with love and amazement as I look at our little girl. She is so perfect in every way. She brings so much joy and happiness into our lives. She is so smart and so sweet. I see so much of Greg and I in her. The way she crinkles up her forehead and brow when she is concentrating is just like her daddy. Her big gummy open mouthed smile looks just like mine when I was a baby. I love her chubby thighs, arms and cheeks. I love the way that her eyes are so full of life and happiness. I love that by simply smiling at her and saying hi I get the biggest most beautiful smile.
Kinley,
You are the light of mine and your daddy's lives. It's hard to remember life before you. I love being your mommy. I love our relationship and I cherish the bond we have created. I hope and pray that I will continue to be the best mommy I can be and that our bond will continue to grow and flourish. I pray that you will someday have the honor of being a mommy, that someday your heart will overflow with the joy and happiness you have brought me.
In the past 6 months you have brought your daddy and I some of the happiest most awe inspiring moments. We are looking forward to the next day, months, and years. Happy 6 month birthday baby girl, we love you.


She is just so adorable! Happy 6 months K!
ReplyDelete