Our Sweet Daughter, Kinley Brianne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Hello Baby!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Kinley's Language Explosion

We've had a very chatty week! Kinley has always been a very vocal gal but this week she has taken the babbles and jibber-jabber and made it into REAL words. Many of which include (but are not limited to):

Kadey
Bye-bye
Bad-bad Kadey
Go
Yogurt (yo-ur)
Done! (Daan!)
Eat (eet)
Drink (ink)
More (mo!)
Please (pees)
Baby
Bath
Cookie (cook)
Gabba (gab)
Milk (mik)

It's amazing! She still uses some of her signs but I stopped teaching signing at 13-15 months and started encouraging using words. She still gets frustrated when I don't 'get' what she is trying to say, show or ask for - but we are learning to work through it together. I've been reading an [old] but good book regarding Toddler communication, The Emotional Life of a Toddler, it explains that most behaviors are due to the inability to communicate and express their feelings. Makes sense and boy can she throw a tantrum but that's a whole different post! ;)  Greg and I are so proud of her words and communication progress. Watching her little mind absorb each and every thing around her is such an amazing experience.

Some other fun things she is doing:
Playing pretend - She has a tea party where she pours tea from her teapot into her cup and then drinks it exclaiming  Ahhh!! - So cute! She also pours mommy's tea and when mommy finishes she says Ahhh!

Carries and loves her baby. Rocks baby and pats her back while singing her jibber-jabber songs.

Pats mommys back when I hold her or hug her.

Plays peek-a-boo in her tent. Rolls up in her blankets and pretends to sleep.

Climbs up on and rocks her rocking moose. When she finishes she yells stop!

Stacks and nestles her blocks, builds with her legos. 'cleans up' her messes.

Climbs her slide, turns around and slides down exclaiming 'weee!!'

Reads her books to herself, sings herself songs.

I'm sure there are more. Just reading these makes my heart melt. She is such a fun and spirited little person!

One more, here's a pic of another thing she learned this week...

From now on naptime = pant time luckily there were no code browns with this discovery!

Kinley is 17 months old.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! She sounds like she's getting to be such a big girl these days! Wish I could hear that sweet voice. :)

    ReplyDelete