Friday, September 19, 2008
Hurricane Ike, the aftermath
It has been a week since hurricane Ike hit the Texas coast. In this week, Houston, Galveston, Bolivar and surrounding cities were devistated, many are still without power and water. Kara, Gil, Kenan and Ashley are staying with Greg and I in Austin until residents are allowed to return to Galveston. My crazy father is still hanging tough in Bolivar. He looks like a castaway from survivor or better yet, Tom Hanks in the movie Castaway. He's happier there than he would be anywhere else. HE gets up and digs through debris every day in efforts to take parts of his life back from Ike. I worry about his health and safety but he's too hard headed to worry about any of that. I'm just praying for the best. Anyway, the dust is trying to settle, we are all being patient and know that everything will work out. I created a website telling the story of Bolivar, there are pics and a list of items that I would like to collect to help my family start over. If you have anything you could donate please contact me to arrange pick-up. Check it out... www.freewebs.com/kurtzfamily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment